infolinks

The List Auction

Fwebtraffic

TrafficSwarm

Link Referral

Traffic Digger

Free advertising

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Press Release and Newsgroups

Last week we submitted a press release to anounce the new business we are involved with called http://www.24hourwebcash.com/baker0870. This was relatively easy to do and we shall continue to announce it in various countries.

We have had a friend to stay over the last week and are now catching up with the blog. We need to start a thread in a newsgroups. Easier said than done. I have never submitted anything to a newsgroup and don't know where to start.

We have googled newsgroups, again it says free but only for 14 days. Now I haven't a clue what I am doing or how I get started so to me a 14 day trial isn't really going to do much for me. I would like to have more time than this so that I can see how I can make a submission, the category will be business opportunity or home-based business but as to what and how I will submit is beyond me at this moment in time.

When joining a newsgroup you do need to read the terms of use and privacy policy. You appear to need an account or membership to participate. Let me say straight away it does not seem to be an easy process to join a newsgroup. One company is asking for a minimum of $2.50 USD monthly up to $125,000 USD (I hope this is annually). Then others say that you can have up to 8 connections, unlimited access which means nothing to me. I don't appear to be able to even get started or to sign up. So this is a none starter for me remember I don't know anything about newsgroups. Nothing seems easy at first glance. So onwards and upwards with my journey.

Some newsgroups have what you call bandwidth plans!! They also talk about 200+ day retention (I presume from this that if you get to the point where you are able to make a post that it will be around for at least 200 days). I could be barking up the wrong tree here!!

They talk about downloading software. The sites talk about gigabytes anything from 1GB to 150GB. What do I want with gigabytes? I am looking at usenet masters free trial accounts and it says Guaranteed no subscription! No costs!
Just enter your email address and you're off! So I am going to give it a whirl... The site says

Thank you for downloading the Usenet access software!
Best regards
Your Usenet.to team
If your download doesn't start automatically within the next 10 seconds, please click here: Start download.

I have saved this to my desktop so I am going to look at the desktop and see if it is there. The icon is on my desktop and it is downloading. This process is completed and I have looked around the software, clicked on business opprotunities, downloaded a list and guess what ... it is in cyberspace as it hasn't reached me. I have downloaded the list again but to no avail. I cannot get started so I am going to leave this and come back to it with a fresh eye.

30 minutes later and I am still looking around the software, clicking on the headings and the wizard - nothing is happening here, he must be asleep.

Beware.... after all that I do not think this particular newsgroup is going to be beneficial for me as there is a lot of erotica on it and I would like home-based businesses or business opportunities.

The search is on and I will continue my quest to find a suitable list of newsgroups.

No comments:

Post a Comment